Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27, 2009

I highlighted some of the albums that were chosen as part of the 50 best by the No Depression reader survey...take a look! (Best 50 Albums of 2009)

Artist - Song/Album

Cosy Sheridan - Grand Design/Grand Design
Cowboy Jack Clement - Dreaming My Dreams with You/Guess Things Happen that Way
Kate Wolf - Two-Way Waltz/Kate Wolf Anthology
Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen - High Cotton/Being There
Jack Hardy - If I Were to Lay Me Down/Rye Grass
Ray Charles - It Ain't Gonna Worry My Mind/Friendship
Sean Watkins - The Ant and the Ant/Let it Fall
Bearfoot - Sold My Soul to an Angel/Follow Me
Monsters of Folk - The Right Place/Monsters of Folk
Caroline Herring - Cactus Tree/Golden Apples of the Sun
Greg Brown - Rex Roth's Daughter/Dream City
Bill Morrissey - Moving Day/Something I Saw or Thought I Saw
Beaucoup Blue - By Your Side/Free to Fall
Ray Bonneville - I Am the Big Easy/Goin' by Feel
Murali Coryell - I Could've Had You/Sugar Lips
Jeremy Wallace Trio - Falling in Love/She Used to Call Me Honey
Gandalf Murphy & the Slambovian Circus of Dreams - Everyone Has a Broken Heart/The Great Unravel
Over the Rhine - I Don't Wanna Waste Your Time/The Trumpet Child
Ani DiFranco - The Poet Game/Going Driftless
Duffy - Delayed Devotion/Rockferry
Jesse Winchester - No Pride at All/Gentleman of Leisure
Pat Wictor - Eventide/Sunset Waltz
Danny Schmidt - Grampa Built Bridges/Instead the Forest Rose to Sing
Redbird - Buckets of Rain/Redbird
Dave Rawlings Machine - Bells of Harlem/A Friend of a Friend
Levon Helm - Tennessee Jed/Electric Dirt
Eilen Jewell - Nowhere in NO Time/Sea of Tears
Son Volt - When the Wheels Don't Move/American Central Dust
Crooked Still - Undone in Sorrow/Still Crooked
Annabelle Chvostek - The Sioux/Resilience
Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnnie Irion - In Lieu of Flowers/Exploration
Christine Lavin - Human/Cold Pizza for Breakfast
Guy Clark - The Coat/Someday the Song Writes You
Steve Earle - Where I Lead Me/Townes
Avett Brothers - I and Love and You/I and Love and You
Buddy & Julie Miller - Gasoline and Matches/Written in Chalk
Hey Negrita - Burn the Whole Place Down/King Easy Radio Sampler Vol. #6
Jorma Kaukonen - Fur Peace Rag/Stars in My Crown





No comments:

Post a Comment