Friday, June 18, 2010

Christine Lavin's "Mem-Wha!"

I was so pleased to receive a promo copy of Christine Lavin's new book, Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-Wha?!! While I've only gotten through 1/2 the book (slow reader and was trying to finish the book I was already into).....my folkie friend, Mike Regenstreif, has written a wonderful review on his blog (Mike's blog). There are many references to Christine's time in Saratoga and with Lena at the Caffe....(Mike also add his memories in the review.). But most of all, it's a wonderfully honest look at Christine's personal and professional life.

I'm eager to finish this read (it'll happen this week!). I love all that Christine does...she's funny, poignant, hopeful, and, most of all, a wonderful friend to those in the folk world. Pick up a copy this summer....you won't have a better read!!



No comments:

Post a Comment