Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas music!

I'm always excited for new music at Christmas. Even though those old standards are sure to bring back childhood memories, I long to see what my favorite folkie or country artists will do each holiday. And it's not the traditional carols I long to hear, it's sometimes original songs that bring a new and different perspective to the Christmas season. I LOVE the quirky songs just as much as some of the more traditional types.

I vow never to play a Christmas tune until the Sunday AFTER Thanksgiving....but this year I may make an exception. Jerry Douglas has just come out with a wonderful Christmas cd entitled, Jerry Christmas! He shines!! Jerry will be appearing at The Egg with John Oates and Maura O'Connell on December 11th!! I can't wait to share it with my listeners and will begin doing that this Sunday - yes, the Sunday BEFORE Thanksgiving!! It's only for Jerry that I do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment